Sign In Close
Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions of use refer to the Pieria LTD (hereafter ‘Pieria’), The Pieria website (www.pieria.co.uk)– hereafter ‘Pieria Website’) and Pieria mobile (hereafter ‘Pieria Mobile’).
These terms and conditions apply to all users of the Pieria Website and/or Pieria Mobile ("you"), including subscribers ("individual subscriber").
Each time you use the Pieria Website or Pieria Mobile you signify your acceptance of these terms and conditions. If you do not agree, or are not comfortable with any part of this document, your only remedy is not to use the Peria Website or Pieria Mobile.
1. By registering for access to the Pieria Website or Pieria Mobile, and/or entering the Pieria Website or Pieria Mobile, by whatever route of access, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions currently prevailing.
2. Pieria reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time and you should check for any alterations regularly. Continued usage of the Peria Website and/or Peria Mobile subsequent to a change in the terms and conditions constitutes acceptance of the current terms and conditions.
3.You undertake to indemnify Pieria fully for all losses, damages and costs incurred as a result of your breaching these terms and conditions.
You may access areas of the Pieria website that require registration by becoming a registered member and creating an account with us. You agree to be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your passwords or other account identifiers which you choose and all activities that occur under your account.
By registering on the Pieria website, you agree that:
(i) your account and password are personal to you and may not be used by anyone else to access the Pieria website;
(ii) you will not do anything which would assist anyone who is not a registered user to gain access to any registration area of the Pieria website; and
(iii) you will not create registration accounts for the purpose of abusing the functionality of the site, or other users; nor will you seek to pass yourself off as another user.
You agree to notify us immediately if you become aware any unauthorised use of your password or account identifiers by others.
In the event that the Pieria considers that you have breached the requirements governing registration, or that you are in breach of these terms and conditions, your registration to the Pieria Website will be terminated.
6. Use of any content on the Pieria Website or in Pieria Mobile Apps is strictly for the personal use of each individual user who may read the content on the screen, store or print single copies for their own personal private non-commercial use only, and is not to be made available to or used by any other person for any purpose.
7. The Pieria Website, Pieria Mobile and associated content are protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights. You acknowledge that all intellectual property rights including copyright in the Pieria Website, Pieria Mobile and associated content belong to or have been licensed to Pieria or are otherwise used by Pieria as permitted by applicable law.
8. All intellectual property rights in images on the Pieria Website or in Pieria Mobile are owned by Pieria except where another copyright holder is specifically attributed or credited. Save for such material taken for permitted use set out above, you may not download, store, disseminate, republish, post, reproduce, translate or adapt Pieria images in whole or in part in any form without the prior written permission of Pieria. To obtain such permission and the terms and conditions applying, contact us. Where another copyright holder is specifically attributed or credited you may not download, store, disseminate, republish, reproduce or translate such images in whole or in part in any form without the prior written permission of the copyright holder. Pieria will not undertake to supply contact details of any attributed or credited copyright holder.
9. User content
Users of our site may be permitted to submit content for publication in various areas of the Pieria website. Interactions with our site are governed by our Community Standards and Participation Guidelines accessible at the Community Guidelines (hyperlink) which are incorporated in these terms and conditions. You will be deemed to consent to these guidelines, and these terms and conditions, if you choose to post any content or comments to the Pieria website.
When you submit content to us, you agree and represent that you have created that content, or you have received permission from, or are authorised by, the owner of any part of the content to submit it to the Pieria website.
You or the owner of the content still own the copyright in the content sent to us, but by submitting content to us, you are granting us an unconditional, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, fully transferable, perpetual worldwide licence to use, publish and/or transmit, and to authorise third-parties to use, publish and/or transmit your content in any format and on any platform, either now known or hereinafter invented.
You acknowledge and agree that when you post content on the Pieria website or view content provided by others, you are doing so at your own discretion and risk, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, of that content.
You further acknowledge and agree that the views expressed by you and other users in that content do not necessarily reflect the views of Pieria, and we do not support or endorse any user content. You acknowledge that we have no obligation to pre-screen, monitor, review, or edit any content posted by you and other users on the Pieria website.
We, or authorised third parties, reserve the right to cut, crop, edit or refuse to publish, your content at our or their sole discretion. We may remove your content from use at any time.
We accept no liability in respect of any content submitted by users and published by us or by authorised third parties.
You warrant that the content you submit to us is not obscene, threatening, harassing, libellous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another's privacy, offensive, defamatory of any person or illegal.
You warrant that the content you submit to us does not infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual or proprietary or privacy right of any party or individual. You agree not to
(i) post content which is deliberately intended to upset or harm other users;
(ii) use the Pieria website to post or otherwise transmit content that victimises, harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of any impermissible classification, including, without limitation, religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, colour, creed, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, military status or disability;
(iii) post or otherwise transmit any content that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of the Pieria website or any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
(iv) upload or otherwise transmit any content, or take any other actions with respect to your use of the Pieria website, that would constitute, or would otherwise encourage, criminal conduct or give rise to civil liability; or
(v) use the Pieria website for commercial purposes, including, without limitation, submitting any material to solicit funds or to promote, advertise or solicit the sale of any goods or services.
You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Pieria website may involve
(i) transmissions over various networks; and
(ii) changes to content to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Pieria assumes no responsibility for the deletion or failure to store postings of content or other information submitted by you or other users to the Pieria website.
10. The Pieria Website and Pieria Mobile are provided on an 'as is' basis and Pieria gives no warranty that they will be accessible at all times, via any operating system or device.
11. The Pieria makes no express or implied representation and gives no warranty of any kind in relation to any content available on the Pieria Website or the Pieria Mobile including as to the accuracy or reliability of any information either in its articles, essays and reviews or in the letters printed in its letter page or material supplied by third parties. Pieria excludes to the fullest extent permitted by law all liability of any kind (including liability for any losses, damages or costs) arising from the publication of any materials on the Pieria Website and Pieria Mobile or incurred as a consequence of using or relying on such materials.
12. Pieria excludes to the fullest extent permitted by law all liability of any kind (including liability for any losses, damages or costs) for any legal or other consequences (including infringement of third party rights) of any links made to the Pieria Website.
13. Pieria is not responsible for the content of any material you encounter after leaving the Pieria Website or Pieria Mobile via a link in it or otherwise. Pieria gives no warranty as to the accuracy or reliability of any such material and to the fullest extent permitted by law excludes all liability that may arise in respect of or as a consequence of using or relying on such material.
14. This site may be used only for lawful purposes and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of, or restrict the use and enjoyment of the site by, any third party. In the event of a chat room, message board, forum and/or news group being set up on the Pieria Website, Pieria will not undertake to monitor any material supplied and will give no warranty as to its accuracy, reliability, originality or decency. By posting any material you agree that you are solely responsible for ensuring that it is accurate and not obscene, defamatory, plagiarised or in breach of copyright, confidentiality or any other right of any person, and you undertake to indemnify Pieria against all claims, losses, damages and costs incurred in consequence of your posting of such material. Pieria will reserve the right to remove any such material posted at any time and without notice or explanation. Pieria will reserve the right to disclose the provenance of such material, republish it in any form it deems fit or edit or censor it. Pieria will reserve the right to terminate the registration of any person it considers to abuse access to any chat room, message board, forum or news group provided by Pieria.
15. Any e-mail services supplied via the Pieria Website are subject to these terms and conditions.
16. You will not knowingly transmit any virus, malware, trojan or other harmful matter to the Pieria Website. Pieria gives no warranty that the Pieria Website or Pieria Mobile are free from contaminating matter, viruses or other malicious software and to the fullest extent permitted by law disclaims all liability of any kind including liability for any damages, losses or costs resulting from damage to your computer or other property arising from access to the Pieria Website, use of it or downloading material from it or Pieria Mobile.
17. Pieria does not warrant that the use of the Pieria Website or Pieria Mobile will be uninterrupted, and disclaims all liability to the fullest extent permitted by law for any damages, losses or costs incurred as a result of access to the Pieria Website or Pieria Mobile being interrupted, modified or discontinued.
18. The Pieria Website and Pieria Mobile may contain advertisements and promotional links to websites and other resources operated by third parties. While we would never knowingly link to a site which we believed to be trading in bad faith, Pieria makes no express or implied representations or warranties of any kind in respect of any third party websites or resources or their contents, and we take no responsibility for the content, privacy practices, goods or services offered by these websites and resources. Pieria excludes to the fullest extent permitted by law all liability for any damages or losses arising from access to such websites and resources. Any transaction effected with such a third party contacted via the Pieria Website is subject to the terms and conditions imposed by the third party involved and Pieria accepts no responsibility or liability resulting from such transactions.
19. Pieria disclaims liability to the fullest extent permitted by law for any damages, losses or costs incurred for unauthorised access or alterations of transmissions or data by third parties as consequence of visit to the Pieria Website or Pieria Mobile.
20. These terms and conditions are governed by and will be interpreted in accordance with English law and any disputes relating to these terms and conditions will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
21. The various provisions of these terms and conditions are severable and if any provision is held to be invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction then such invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect the remaining provisions.
22. If these terms and conditions are not accepted in full, use of the Pieria Website and Pieria Mobile must be terminated immediately.
For about five years now, Greece has been giving the euro area authorities a test in economics and politics. The test must be retaken until the authorities produce the right answers.
Visiting Professor of International Economic Policy, Princeton University14 articles | View profile
RT @mybuchshelf: Are book collectors real readers, or just cultural snobs? – https://t.co/xgXw1xTl4s via @aeonmag
A collection of some of the best econ books of the year, feat - @ryanavent, @BrankoMilan, @g2parker and more...… https://t.co/x3hBAGCq00
RT @mark4harrison: Blogged: Donald Trump and America's Incomplete Contract with Itself https://t.co/I5i2PrOR8C @warwicknewsroom @cage_warwi…
RT @NIESRorg: The weak pound in your pocket: @angusarmstrong8 continues to make waves with his blog post, this time in the @FT https://t.c…
RT @LSEReviewBooks: Review Archive: The Sharing Economy: The End of Employment & the Rise of Crowd-Based Capitalism by Arun Sundararajan ht…